Monday, February 10, 2014

Lamp it up

I had this lamp shade lying around that I had bought from Fab India for a lamp I intended to make. My lamp never came to be due to lack of correct tools however recently I managed to get a friend who makes bottle lamps to put it together for me and it now sits perfect on my table.

We found the beautiful green bottle of Jagermeister empty and I thought the shape was just what I wanted for my shade. Lo and behold my friend got to work and it was home before I could even blink!
He is a pro at this and I have people asking where can get they get their bottles lamped or shades matched like mine :)
My friend is obviously very proud of his handiwork and says it’s very simple knowing very well that drilling a hole in glass is a skill not mastered by everybody!

Every bottle is a potential lamp for him and we get to taste all sorts of alcohol, liquor, wine etc. as he picks any bottle that takes his fancy and then keeps calling people home to finish them quick! 

Here are some more lamps he has made:

Moet & Chandon champagne bottle from an important occasion. The jute shade is from a local store 

The moose pinned on the shade is so endearing


Johnny Walker bottle for the study table. If only it could also hold some booze... 

A cute caterpillar made by his son sits on it 

He also makes lamps from a lot of other things...here is one

Copper wires with LED attached to a metal jewellery box (wedding gift) is an amazing piece lighting up the dining space

I have an empty 5ltr Heineken beer canister that I want to turn into a lamp. This time I am going to sit with him and learn how to do this. That's another post when it happens :) Meanwhile you want a custom made lamp, feel free to get in touch.

2 comments:

  1. These are awesome. Hats off to your friend ( or should I say lamps off to him:) . As rightly pointed out that drilling a hole in glass is not easy job to do ( as you can tell I talk from experience of failing a few times ;). Now I have a reason to buy a beautiful bottle of booze..hehe....mitali

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. You can give us a full bottle as well, it makes a better lamp ;)

    ReplyDelete